Why AssemblyScript for WASM Smart Contracts. ask! is not a new programming language but rather a subset of Aseemblyscript by utilizing decorators.
- Being a variant of TypeScript makes it easy to compile to WebAssembly without learning a new language.
- AssemblyScript is the most popular language for WASM besides C/CPP/Rust
- AssemblyScript targets WebAssembly's feature set specifically, giving developers low-level control over their code.
- Integrates with the existing JS ecosystem - no heavy toolchains to set up. Simply npm install it!
- Small WASM size and high contract execution performance when comparing to Rust